R U Brown Piobaireachd Society of South Australia Inc.
R U Brown Piobaireachd Society of South Australia | Silver Chanter Competition (November)
The perpetual Silver Chanter Trophy was kindly donated in memory of Lachlan McCabe, winner of the R U Brown Piobaireachd Society Gold Medal competition on three occasions - 1983, 1984 and 1985. Lachlan sadly passed prematurely after a lengthy battle against cancer.
Date: Sunday 5th November 2023 commencing at 1:30PM
Venue: Payneham RSL, 360 Payneham Road, Payneham SA
This competition consists of three grades:
Open (players of gold medal and clasp standard)
Restricted (players of silver medal standard and below)
Beginners (novice and bronze medal standard)
Open - Two (2) tunes must be submitted. The tune to be performed will be selected at the judges table.
Restricted - One (1) tune must be submitted and performed.
Beginners - Ground and following variation on bagpipe.
All entries to be submitted by email to the Secretary at email@example.com by 28th October.
Conditions of Entry
1. All events are conducted under Pipe Bands Australia Contest Regulations.
2. Competitors must enter their allocated grade, as per their respective association (solo) grading.
3. Competitors may be permitted to play up into the next higher-grade event. The same tune(s) will not be allowed to be played in both events.
4. All competitors must wear highland dress, including a glengarry or balmoral. Ladies will be permitted to wear traditional ladies' dress.
5. All tunes must be played in their entirety, as per published music.
6. Piobaireachd competitors playing a setting of a tune(s), which are not in the Piobaireachd Society or Kilberry Book, are strongly encouraged to supply a printed copy of the music when competing.
7. There must be more Competitors than prizes, or part of the prizes may be withdrawn.
8. As a condition of entry, all participants agree to allow their performances to be recorded and published by the R U Brown Piobaireachd Society of South Australia Inc.